Marinated Brisket & Root Vegetables w/Cherry Balsalmic Vinaigrette: Rosh Hashanah Recipes from The Butcherie
Here are recipes for a favorite holiday meal of ours. Stop by The Butcherie to pick up your ingredients and everything else you need for the holiday!
Marinated New York Single Brisket ( French Roast)
2-3 lbs. French Roast
¼ cup Chopped Parsley
¼ cup Lemon Juice
½ cup Olive Oil
2 Lg Onions Diced
1Tbsp Garlic Minced
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Marjoram
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Mix all ingredients (except the flank steak) in a bowl.
- Place the meat in glass pan and cover with onion marinade refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Roast in Oven until 120 degrees.
- Slice and serve with onions on top.
w/ Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
¼ cup or 2 ½ cups Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup or 1½ cups Cherry Juice
1 ½ tsp or 15 tsp Minced Shallots
½ tsp or 5 tsp Dijon Mustard
2/3 cup or 6 2/3 cups Canola Oil
12 oz or 7.5 lbs. Yukon Potatoes
12 pieces or 4 bundles Asparagus
1 ¾ lb or 15 lbs. Butternut Squash
1 or 10 lbs. Celery Root
3 or 30 Carrots (sliced)
3 tspn or 30 tspn Olive Oil
12 or 120 Radishes (quartered)
¼ cup or 2 ½ cup Chives
- Whisk vinegar, shallots and mustard together in a small bowl.
- Add canola oil slowly until well blended.
- Boil potatoes until firm tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Place asparagus, squash, celery root and carrots in bowl. Mix with olive oil and grille on grille until a char look appears. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut all grilled vegetables into 2-inch sections. Add potatoes, radishes and chives.
- Mix with dressing, salt & pepper to taste, and serve.