Charoset is a traditional part of the seder plate. Charoset represents the mortar the Jews used bonding bricks while enslaved in Egypt.
1 apple, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts/pecans
1/2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp red wine
Mix together the apples, nuts, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the wine and mix thoroughly.
Find everything you need to prepare for Passover on JewishBoston.com!
- Download our new, free, printable Haggadah. We've even got a version you can customize if you like. Do your thing!
- Find a Seder and other Passover programming in the Greater Boston area.
- Hosting a Seder? Between the ages of 18 and 40? Check out the Seder in a Box.
- Get Passover recipes (and post your own!) - new recipes are being added all the time!
- Visit our Passover Guide for all events and blog posts.
Like what you see? Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Photo is under Creative Commons licenses; please click here for sources