Chocolate Covered Matzah
By Elisha Gechter
4 sheets of matza
1 stick of margarine
1 cup of brown sugar
2 cups of chocolate chips
1 cup of walnuts
Heat 350 degrees. Line a tray with a silpat or aluminum foil. Spread the matza out in a single layer. Melt butter and brown sugar in a small pot over medium heat and stir until it boils. Pour the mixture over the matza sheets and spread it around with a brush. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips and bake for 4 more minutes then remove from the oven immediately. Work quickly to smooth the chocolate over the matza evenly with a spatula. Roughly chop the walnuts and sprinkle them over the chocolate covered matzas. Chill in the freezer for up to two weeks and keep covered in tin foil.
See this and other recipes on Elisha's blog.
- Download our new, free, printable Haggadah. We've even got a version you can customize if you like. Do your thing!
- Find a Seder and other Passover programming in the Greater Boston area.
- Hosting a Seder? Between the ages of 18 and 40? Check out the Seder in a Box.
- Get Passover recipes (and post your own!) - new recipes are being added all the time!
- Visit our Passover Guide for all events and blog posts.
Photo is under Creative Commons licenses; please click here for sources.