JewishBoston launch news - Feb 17
What a great week it's been!
So far over 40 organizational representatives have attended trainings. Our first one was at Temple Aliyah last week, in conjuction with Synagogue Council's excellent symposium on social media, featuring Lisa Colton of Darim Online and Mike Kanarick of JVillage. Standing room only despite the snow date!
We're making great progress as well on the open technical issues. Given that the site is live, we're scheduling the push from test to production, and I expect the fixes to go live after tomorrow's trainings.
Here are a few of the fixes that are in process:
- The sorting of the featured events on the home page will be by ascending date order
- Full text search now will yield clearer results
- The ability to copy an event to future days (think Tot for Shabbat programs)
- Event location issues when entering a new event
And a few that are still open:
- We're still working on the Facebook sharing issues. Facebook changed some little technical detail and now the widget we're using - Addthis - doesn't work quite right.
- Improving registration flow
- Formatting of blog posts.
Please keep the feedback coming! Like all Web 2.0 sites, our mantra is continual improvement.