My Mom's Chicken Soup
I've learned a lot from my Mom; one thing is how to make soup. The ingredients and flavors are delicious and always a crowd-pleaser!
1 package of Chicken or a whole chicken
1 pack of Soup bones (optional)
1 bunch of Parsley
1 bunch of dill
3 Parsnips washed, peeling optional
2-3 Onions- remove outer skin, but do not cut
3 Large Carrots peeled, or a bag of small carrots
1-2 Celery stalks--adds a little bitterness (optional)
Pinch of salt
Place the chicken and bones in a pot filled 1/2 to 2/3 with water
Bring to boil and skin off the fat that comes to the surface
Add all the other ingredients, cook on a slow, low flame 3 hours until all the chicken falls off the bones
Remove all the ingredients, save the carrots and celery to cut, and put in the soup
Remove the chicken and place in the soup bowl
You may place boiled Kosher for Passover noodles in each persons bowl before pouring the soup
Then add all of the above
- Download our new, free, printable Haggadah. We've even got a version you can customize if you like. Do your thing!
- Find a Seder and other Passover programming in the Greater Boston area.
- Hosting a Seder? Between the ages of 18 and 40? Check out the Seder in a Box.
- Get Passover recipes (and post your own!) - new recipes are being added all the time!
- Visit our Passover Guide for all events and blog posts.