High school seniors, parents, and other supportive adults are invited to join JF&CS TeenSafe to explore strategies to create safe, consensual, and healthy relationships in college.
- A panel of TeenSafe alumnae who will reflect on line after high school and their understanding of healthy and unhealthy dating behavior and sexual assault in college.
- Ruth Abelmann, MEd, Associate Director of Residential Life at the University of New Hampshire, will provide an overview of resources that colleges and universities may offer students and parents. Ruth has been with Residential Life at the University of New Hampshire for more than thirty years. She has dedicated her professional career to promoting high impact living-learning communities for undergraduate students. Ruth welcomes contact with parents and enjoys collaborating with parents to help UNH students succeed and manage challenging situations.
- Separate conversations for adults and teens:
- Student participants will leave with a greater understanding of ways to maintain and promote healthy relationships and how to recognize and respond to unsafe situations.
- Adults will strengthen their ability to talk with and support their teens as they prepare for college and adjust to campus life.
1430 Main St
Waltham, MA 02451