InterfaithFamily.com seeks a Managing Editor. The Managing Editor will oversee all editorial functions, including editing, collecting, organizing, presenting and marketing the organization’s content. The editor will also assist with the organization’s marketing and communications. The Managing Editor will report to the COO and work closely with the CEO.
The Managing Editor will enhance IFF’s achievement of its goal to reach interfaith families exploring Jewish life and provide them with supportive educational information through the following responsibilities:
Directing IFF’s content
- Create and manage editorial schedule
- Manage the editorial budget and oversee payment of contributors
- Recruit freelance writers and assign and edit stories. Stories include: news articles, think pieces, personal essays, humor pieces, and reviews and may include video, audio, short instructional videos and interviews, and other forms of multi-media
- Use existing content to create helpful packets with discussion questions to be used by groups and individuals
- Create resource guides that summarize a topic or activity
- Participate in the planning and development of “how-to do Jewish” content
- Post articles on website via a custom-built content management system
- Blog regularly on issues of interest to interfaith families in the Jewish community and their advocates
Directing the marketing of IFF’s content
- Write engaging email newsletters every 2 weeks
- Write occasional articles on behalf of IFF
- Syndicate original content
- Use social media to promote IFF’s content.
- Respond to newspaper articles, external discussion board posts, and media requests helping gain exposure for IFF
- 5 to 7 years of experience and a demonstrated track record in writing, acquiring content, editing, and managing writers
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft Office products (Work, Outlook, etc.). Basic knowledge of HTML. Knowledge of image editing software and content management systems a plus
- Excellent inter-personal and oral and written communications skills; a high level of energy, creativity, flexibility, and humor
- Strong organizational skills; self-starting with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and objectives in a busy non-profit setting; attention to detail and follow through
- Results-oriented and committed to excellence
- Experience in marketing communications and public speaking and/or acting as a spokesperson for a product or organization a plus
- Understanding of the Internet space (social media, online advertising, and search engine optimization and marketing) a plus
- Personal commitment to furthering Jewish outreach to interfaith families life and an appreciation of the importance of outreach in strengthening Jewish identity and community
- BA/BS required, Master’s preferred
This is a full time position, working out of our Newton, MA office. InterfaithFamily.com offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance and retirement savings plan. Relocation may be offered.
InterfaithFamily.com empowers interfaith families to make Jewish choices for themselves and their children, and encourages the Jewish community to be welcoming of interfaith families. We provide supportive educational information, connect interfaith families to each other and to local Jewish communities, and advocate for inclusive attitudes, policies and practices. We are the leading online resource for interfaith families exploring Jewish life, and a leading advocate for a more welcoming Jewish community.
How to Apply
Please email or fax cover letter and resume (no calls please) to:
fax: 617 965 7772
90 Oak Street, PO Box 428, Newton, MA 02464
Equal Opportunity Employer.