ReachOut! is a chance for young Jewish professionals in their 20s and 30s to volunteer in communities across Greater Boston and to develop friendships through shared learning and Jewish experiences. Our upcoming session will run from the week of October 4th through the week of December 7th with groups of volunteers (10 per site) serving at various locations one evening a week. Registration is open now — http://www.jcrcboston.org/reachout!
We are excited to announce that this cycle we’ll be working with:
- Adult Education @ Harriet Tubman House South End, Tuesdays OR Thursdays 6:30-8:00
Provide tutoring services for adults who are working to obtain their GED to open up more economic opportunities for themselves and their families.
- Hunger & Homelessness @ The First Parish Cambridge Harvard Square, Tuesdays 5:30-7:30
Prepare and serve meals to the homeless, make connections and make a difference.
- Senior Connections @ Golda Meir House Newton, Wednesdays 7-8:30
Engage with older adults and form meaningful intergenerational connections.
- Sustainability @ Bikes Not Bombs Jamaica Plain, Wednesdays 7-9:00
Grab a tool and get hands-on stripping bikes for parts and shipment.
- Youth Connections @ Boys & Girls Club South Boston, Wednesdays 6:30-8:00
Empower at-risk Boston area youth while working in areas of art, sports, social recreation and technology.
- Youth Connections @ Crittenton Women’s Union Brighton, Mondays 6:30–8:00
Supervise children, who range from six months to five years old, in structured recreational time as their mothers work to improve their situation. (Please note: last cycle’s children all ranged between six months and one year old).
- Youth Connections @ The Egleston Square YMCA Roxbury, Thursdays 6:30-8pm
Be a mentor to at-risk youth of Middle School and High School age while assisting in areas such as homework, resume writing, music, arts and sports.
Register today! www.jcrcboston.org/reachout!