Patient Navigators Can Be a Trusted Guide at Medical Appointments
Do you know a senior adult who would feel more comfortable going to the doctor if there were someone they trusted to accompany them?
Patient Navigators are trained volunteers who make doctors’ visits less stressful by helping senior adults and their families get the information and care they need. Our Patient Navigators are especially helpful if family lives far away, may not be available or there is no family.
JFS Patient Navigators:
- Talk with the senior adult before appointments to review their concerns, medications and questions.
- Accompany them to their doctors’ visits or to procedures
- Make sure their doctor answers their questions and understands all their concerns
- Review the doctor’s instructions with the senior adults
- Give you a complete written record of what happened at the appointment to keep and share with family or caregiver when applicable
JFS Patient Navigators are caring volunteers whose training includes:
- Common health issues
- Listening and communicating with medical personnel
- Confidentiality and Ethics
If you or someone you know needs a Patient Navigator, please contact JFS at (508)875-3100 or www.jfsmw.org
Patient Navigators is a program of JFS of Metrowest and is made possible by a grant from CJP