On Sunday, April 6, we’re celebrating Barry Shrage’s 25-plus years at CJP at our Bring Learning to Life event.
During his time at the helm of the organization, CJP staff, volunteers, donors and the community have discovered what a dedicated and fascinating person he is.
Want to learn more about him? Here are 12 things you may not know about Barry Shrage:
- He’s been to Israel approximately 120 times—to participate in missions, to visit our Haifa partners, and to answer the call in case of emergencies.
- He’s a huge Bob Dylan fan.
- He’s a Trekkie.
- His favorite movie is “The Godfather.”
- If he weren’t president of CJP, he’d be working wherever the Jewish community needed him.
- His favorite food is anything that’s not moving—as long as it’s kosher.
- He was an anti-war activist in the 1960s.
- He met his wife, Ellie, in 1975 at Yeshiva University at the Wurzweiler School of Social Work, during its 18th anniversary.
- He likes country music and is a Toby Keith fan.
- He holds regular meetings—almost daily—at Johnny’s Diner in Newton.
- If he could meet anyone, dead or alive, it would be Rabbi Soloveitchik. Zichrono l’vracha.
- Jewish learning is his passion.
Get to know Barry even better by joining us at our upcoming celebration for Barry and Jewish Learning. Learn more>>