Take action and stay connected.
Help out our service partners:
1. Father Bill’s & MainSpring Homeless Shelters are looking for donations of bagged lunches, prepared meals and cleaning supplies.
2. Volunteer at the Greater Boston Food Bank to unpack/repack food deliveries for distribution to GBFB partner food pantries and meals programs.
Support our immigrant neighbors:
3. We continue to support our neighbors in immigration detention who are struggling from a lack of resources and care at this time. If you’d like to write letters to those we are supporting with Boston Immigration Justice Accompaniment Network, please contact Rachie Lewis.
4. Sign up to phone bank remotely for the Driving Families Forward bill, which would allow anyone to apply for a driver’s license regardless of immigration status.
Learn from Israeli and Palestinian peace-builders:
5. Join us for our Pathways to Peace Learning Series, a six-part webinar series featuring Israelis and Palestinians telling their stories of identity, friendship and cohesion even during a time of social distancing. Click here to receive more information.
From our partners at United Way:
6. Call your senators and urge them to pass comprehensive legislation to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, helping people who rely on Medicaid and federal food programs.
From our partners at the New England Jewish Labor Committee:
7. Help the Harvard Graduate Students Union (HGSU) meet the needs of students, student workers, staff and the entire university community during this difficult pandemic.
8. Sign this petition to demand an immediate moratorium on all evictions in Massachusetts to protect residents with few resources or a safety net and to prevent the escalation of the pandemic.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.