This spring, hindsight is 2020 as we explore the significance and impact of Judaism’s 10 most surprising moments!
Over 10 weeks:
- We’ll look back at some of the particularly unconventional and surprising moments in our tradition in more modern history. in relation to current themes and trends within the modern Jewish community.
- Topics include Abraham’s circumcision in the bible to more modern moments like the discovery of Ethiopian Jews and the Trefa Banquet in the 1800s.
- We’ll use these past events to offer new insights into how we understand contemporary Jewish identity for young adults.
Named for its 10 sessions, Eser (10 in Hebrew) brings together individuals in their 20s and 30s for conversations in neighborhood living rooms to build connection and community.
Find a night of the week and a location that works for you!
Mondays on March 2, 16, 23, 30; April 6, 13, 20, 27; May 4, 11:
- Boston (at CJP with Eli Cohn-Postell)
- Newton (at a private home with Hindy Finman)
Tuesdays on March 3, 17, 24, 31; April 7, 14, 21, 28; May 5, 12:
- Somerville (at Somerville Union WorkBar with Rabbi David Curiel)
- Brookline (at a private home with Rabbi Elizabeth Bonney-Cohen)
Wednesdays on February 26; March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 22, 29; May 6, 13:
- Somerville (at Moishe House with Heather Renetzky)
Thursdays on March 5, 12, 19, 26; April 2, 23, 30; May 7, 14, 21:
- Sharon (at a private home with Rabbi Rachel Silverman)
- Cambridge (at a private home with Elisha Gechter)
- Jamaica Plain (at a private home with Michaela Brown)
Financial aid is available thanks to generous support from CJP. Contact Joel at firstname.lastname@example.org+ More... - Less...
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.