2011 is only a few days old and already a flurry of news coming from Haifa to share, some of which you might have already seen.
- Israel might already have Kippi Ben Kippot and Moishe Ufnik from Rehov Soomsoom, but it looks like Mickey and Minnie Mouse will be taking over Haifa in a few years with a new Disney amusement park.
- Twenty teens from the Diller Fellows Program are currently in Haifa and have spent time at Yemin Orde, which was devastated by the wildfires last month.
- Prozdor’s Dan Brosgol writes about his recent trip to Haifa with his 9th graders at Prozdor in three quick snapshots, the inaugural trip of Prozdor and Reali’s Pirke Dorot exchange, and a second post on some of the insights the students gained from the trip.
- Larry Goodman of CJP’s Board of Directors describes his experience assessing the damage in Haifa on CJP’s emergency relief mission immediately after the fires broke out.
- University of Haifa professor Marilyn Safir flghts for women’s equality in Israel.