Tonight is the first night of Rosh Hashanah and we’re gonna party like it’s 5771 with this fabulous link roundup!
To get the low-down on Rosh Hashanah, head over to My Jewish Learning for Rosh Hashanah 101.
You might also want to head over to jwa.org to check out our monthly feature, which illustrates how JWA resources can bie drawn upon to help guide us through the Days of Awe. There you can read and explore three High Holiday sermons that remind us, as Rabbi Leonard Gordon’s sermon observes, that our knowledge of historical women who dared to make a difference can “inspire us in our own efforts to become our best selves.”
Now, on to The Commentary:
- Obama’s Rosh Hashanah message [Forward]
- This Rosh Hashanah, living in a searchable and connected world creates new challenges [Jewschool]
- Recycling Time: Rosh Hashanah, a reminder of the cyclical nature of Jewish life, provides good lessons for parenting [Tablet]
- Rosh Hashanah and “Return” after pregnancy [Lilith Blog]
- “You know you’re not ready for the High Holidays when…” [TC Jewfolk]
- Incredible feats of Shofar-blowing [MyJewishLearning]
- Should Yom Kippur be “device free?” [Heeb] [Forward]
- Gateways: Access to Jewish Education presents Rosh Hashanah greetings in sign language! [JewishBoston]
- The Macaroons Sing ‘Apples and Honey’ (Not your grandpa’s Rosh Hashanah song) [Tablet]
- The Women of the Shofar [JWI]
- Please welcome me at services Thursday morning [MyJewishPhilanthropy]
And last, but certainly not least:
- Apples: A Guide for the Perplexed [Jew and the Carrot]
- Noshin’ Video recipe: Noodle Kugel [TC Jewfolk]
- Fesenjan (Chicken in Pomegranate Walnut Sauce) [Forward]
- Infuse your New Year with pomegranate vodka! [Zeek]
- Honoring Family Traditions: A Persian Rosh Hashanah Feast [Jew and the Carrot]
- Roast fish and honey cake on the Yiddish Forward’s online cooking show [Forward]
- Toasting the New Year with Rosh Hashanah cocktails [JewishBoston]
- Boston-area ice cream shop rings in the New Year with blackberry Maneschewitz sorbet and noodle kugel ice cream! [JewishBoston]
Happy New Year everyone!
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.