Commonweath Creative (CCA) and Jewish Family Service of Metrowest (JFS) create unique internship opportunity based in Framingham, Massachusetts!
CCA and JFS seek a marketing-communications intern to develop/execute the Public Relations/Marketing/Social media strategies and activities in a vibrant community-based not for profit agency. In this unique internship, you will work directly with the staff of the not for profit in executing its strategic communication and marketing plan while at the same time receiving guidance from communication professionals from a full service MARCOM firm.
You will execute timely implementation of a broad range of public relations, communications, marketing, research, media and administrative activities. This communications role involves engaging in the development of a favorable image of JFS in the eyes of the public, customers, philanthropic donors, stakeholders and media. You will also help human service professionals and volunteer leaders strengthen their communication and marketing skills.
Responsibilities include assisting with the following efforts:
· Maintaining and strengthening content the agency’s web site
· Developing social media strategies including writing postings and blogs for social media
· Implementing search optimization strategies tied to business objectives
· Managing and writing content for e-communication newsletters
· Marketing agency programs
· Writing press releases, developing/distributing press materials, contacting media outlets
· Creating media lists and editorial calendars, maintaining press clip files
· Creating Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
· Comfort with some graphic design/some experience with In Design software
This will be a school year long internship that will have a stipend attached to it. This will be approximately a 16 hrs per week minimum internship, and up to 20 hrs per week.
Depending on the school and its requirements, it can be organized in a manner to also earn course credit for the internship, as appropriate.
There is ability to start the internship in the summer and continue throughout the year.
Please send a cover letter and resume to
Marc Jacobs, LICSW
Chief Executive Officer
Jewish Family Service of Metrowest
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.