Summer is a great time for creating wonderful memories with your children. Here are a few of my favorite summer memories with my daughter, Isabel:
- Going to Story Land in New Hampshire and experiencing the joy of nursery rhymes through her eyes.
- Meeting “Cinderella” when Isabel still believed in princesses.
- Going out for ice cream and realizing we both “sneak” spoonfuls when we think the other isn’t looking.
- Swimming together in as many different pools and beaches as possible.
- Dropping Isabel off at camp and seeing so many other adults and kids excited to be with her.
- Getting really dressed up together during our resort vacation.
- Sharing a bed while vacationing–even if neither of us gets much sleep.
- Her enjoyment upon tasting her first Shirley Temple. (Now she says her favorite part of summer is “cocktail hour.” I just hope she never says that to others out of context!)
- More time reading together.
- Outdoor family Shabbats on the beach with good friends.
Summer is a great time for reading, enjoying friends and taking a family vacation or staycation. I hope you’re having a wonderful summer, and I’ll be back in September with our back-to-(pre)school edition.