This is a part-time position. Work as part of a team serving the immigrant community in Metrowest, providing direct service and program support. This role will focus specifically on advancing academic achievement and social skills for ELL elementary students in Framingham Public Schools and providing support and resources for their families. We are looking for someone who is fluent in Portuguese and has enthusiasm for working with immigrant children and families.
Pathways to Academic Growth and Enrichment (PAGE) is offered in partnership with the Framingham School Department and is housed on site at the Woodrow Wilson Elementary School to respond to community needs from within. Integral components of PAGE, All Stars and STEAM Academic are extended day programs for third and fourth grade students that focus on academic enrichment, community mentorship and socio-emotional skill building. Wilson Family Assistance program works with parents of Wilson school students to address basic needs and alleviate daily stressors that create barriers to student success.
- Provide tutoring support to ELL students in All Stars and STEAM Academy programs
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, volunteer mentors and other JFS staff
- Work as a team to manage student behavior
- Assist with planning and coordination of volunteer training, orientation and ongoing supervision
- Assure safety and well-being of all students, volunteers and staff
- Assist Family Assistance Coordinator with tasks related to the ordering and distribution of food for the Weekend Nutrition Program, clothing/coat distributions, registering new families and researching community resources for clients
- This position is an hourly position for up to 12 hours a week and will require being on-site at the Wilson School (Framingham) Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 3:05-5:30, for PAGE programs and additional hours (TBD) to assist with Wilson Family Assistance; submission of time sheets must be accurate and timely
Strong relational and work self-management skills:
- Brings a positive attitude to the position
- Is trustworthy and respectful to JFS clients, staff, volunteers and community partners
- Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as in partnership
- Has ability/willingness to take direction/supervision and follow instructions
- Makes decisions thoughtfully, responsibly and with care
- Is highly motivated
- Performs tasks and duties efficiently and effectively
Content/context specific competencies:
- Bilingual English/Portuguese
- Willingness/ability to learn relevant technology/data management platforms and systems
Experience and education: Experience working with children; high-school diploma
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit resumes and cover letters to Lucia Panichella at email@example.com.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.