2011 is only a few days old and already a flurry of news coming from Haifa to share, some of which you might have already seen.
- Israel might already have Kippi Ben Kippot and Moishe Ufnik from Rehov Soomsoom, but it looks like Mickey and Minnie Mouse will be taking over Haifa in a few years with a new Disney amusement park.
- Twenty teens from the Diller Fellows Program are currently in Haifa and have spent time at Yemin Orde, which was devastated by the wildfires last month.
- Prozdor’s Dan Brosgol writes about his recent trip to Haifa with his 9th graders at Prozdor in three quick snapshots, the inaugural trip of Prozdor and Reali’s Pirke Dorot exchange, and a second post on some of the insights the students gained from the trip.
- Larry Goodman of CJP’s Board of Directors describes his experience assessing the damage in Haifa on CJP’s emergency relief mission immediately after the fires broke out.
- University of Haifa professor Marilyn Safir flghts for women’s equality in Israel.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here. MORE