Summer is a great time for creating wonderful memories with your children. Here are a few of my favorite summer memories with my daughter, Isabel:
- Going to Story Land in New Hampshire and experiencing the joy of nursery rhymes through her eyes.
- Meeting “Cinderella” when Isabel still believed in princesses.
- Going out for ice cream and realizing we both “sneak” spoonfuls when we think the other isn’t looking.
- Swimming together in as many different pools and beaches as possible.
- Dropping Isabel off at camp and seeing so many other adults and kids excited to be with her.
- Getting really dressed up together during our resort vacation.
- Sharing a bed while vacationing–even if neither of us gets much sleep.
- Her enjoyment upon tasting her first Shirley Temple. (Now she says her favorite part of summer is “cocktail hour.” I just hope she never says that to others out of context!)
- More time reading together.
- Outdoor family Shabbats on the beach with good friends.
Summer is a great time for reading, enjoying friends and taking a family vacation or staycation. I hope you’re having a wonderful summer, and I’ll be back in September with our back-to-(pre)school edition.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here. MORE