JCAM, located in Needham, is a nonprofit Jewish cemetery association that owns and manages 125 cemeteries in the Greater Boston area.
We are currently seeking a full-time, team-oriented individual to join our growing organization. This individual must have strong written and verbal communication skills, must be proficient in technology, including the use of social media and the internet. The successful candidate should be skilled in processing data information and have experience writing external communications, such as press releases, uploading announcements, events and information to various community outlets.
This position requires a person who is a highly organized multi-tasker, with a professional demeanor when speaking with the general public, funeral directors, monument dealers, cemetery caretakers and vendors. As a cemetery organization, an attitude of compassion and caring is critical when speaking with those who may have recently experienced a death of a loved one.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The duties of this position include:
- Conducting/processing funeral intakes from funeral directors through an online platform
- Interacting with families and monument dealers on the phone in issuing permits for the installation of a monument
- Updating and uploading documents to a records database
- Experience writing and disseminating external communications
- Responsible for fulfilling compliance filings with the State of Massachusetts
- Sharing on-call weekends (on a rotation basis with other team members)
- Event and community program coordination/administration
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in WordPress and Constant Contact is a plus
- Handling inquiries and conducting genealogy searches
- Office management experience a plus
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here. MORE