It’s my first year writing this sex, dating, and relationships column, and now it’s summertime. In Boston, summers are fantastic. And one of the best things about summer is the opportunity for hot date adventures!
I was at a party Saturday night, chatting about some of the fun summer date options in the Boston area, including:
- Picnic on the Boston Common
- Day trip to Castle Island
- Getting lost in the Arnold Arboretum
- Visiting the Institute of Contemporary Art
- Dinner on a restaurant deck overlooking Boston Harbor
- Strolling along the Charles River
- Concert at the Hatch Shell
- Boating on Jamaica Pond
- Hiking and swimming in Walden Pond
- Biking the Minuteman Bikeway
For our first dating anniversary, my partner packed a picnic and we spent a summer evening on the Boston Common, eating by the bandstand and then wandering through the Public Garden. I love dates like that where we can soak in the best parts of the city and simultaneously just be in our own world, talking and wandering and holding hands.
I want to know what your best summer date in Boston was. I want to know what made it super exciting—and the more creative you were, the better! So here’s the plan: we’ll have a contest to determine the most awesome and original summer date in the city, and the winner will receive $100!
The details: Email your date experience to me at email@example.com by Friday, June 14 (that leaves a month for reminiscing—and dating!). Please include your name, email address, phone number and ZIP code. We’ll compile all the submissions so readers can vote for their favorite date and learn from others’ summer love (or flings!).
Some things to think about:
- Set the scene: Give details about where you went and what you did
- Give us the juice: How was your date, overall? Best/worst moments? Was it a first, second, third date?
- Share some wisdom: Provide any advice you have for others regarding your date activity
Have fun! We’re looking for personality, originality, and some in-depth reflection on what made your date great (or not). Now get out there and try your new pickup line: “Want to enter the JewishBoston.com hot summer date contest with me?”
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here. MORE