My mission is to modernize traditional recipes with healthier ingredients. I believe people don’t have to choose between blowing their diet and giving up beloved, favorite foods and tasty desserts, especially during the holidays.
For more of my Passover recipes, check out my cookbook “The New Passover Menu.”
Triple Chocolate Biscotti
Yield: 24-36 cookies. Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 44 minutes. Storage: room temperature for five days. Advanced prep: May be frozen.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1½ cups ground almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate. Remove the chocolate from the heat source, add the sugar and oil and whisk well. Add the eggs and mix. Add the vanilla sugar, cocoa, potato starch, ground almonds and salt and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and mix to distribute them.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into two loaves, each about 9×3 inches. Place both loaves on the lined jelly roll pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let the loaves cool for 10 minutes (do not turn off the oven). Cut each loaf crosswise into ¾- to 1-inch-thick slices.
- Place the cookies, cut side up, on a parchment-covered cookie sheet (or the jelly roll pan again). Bake for another 14 minutes, or until the cookies are firm to the touch on the outside but still feel soft on the inside. Check them after 10 to 12 minutes so you don’t over bake them.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the pan and then slide the parchment and cookies onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Reprinted with permission.