I can think of two situations in which you’d want a streamlined hamantaschen recipe. The first is if you’re crunched for time, and the second is if you’ve put together a masterful spread of Purim treats and are looking for something a little less traditional to round it out. In both cases, you should consider making Rice Krispies treats hamantaschen! They don’t get any easier, and they’re a nostalgic riff on the three-pointed sweet.
Rice Krispies Treats Hamantaschen
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- Toppings: Melted chocolate, lemon curd, coconut flakes or Nutella
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13x9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into triangles. Drizzle or spread with desired toppings and serve.