Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston’s Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we’re helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people—the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston’s oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an energetic Editorial Content Specialist for JewishBoston.com.
As the digital home of the Jewish community in Boston, JewishBoston.com aims to engage our diverse community by uniting all of Boston’s Jewish voices into one cohesive platform. Our newly redesigned website is intended to make it easier for more and more people to participate in Jewish life. The Editorial Content Specialist will join JewishBoston’s two-person team in content creation to engage our target audience, including young adults and families with young children. This tech-savvy person is a multifaceted communicator who can help grow JewishBoston’s online presence through strategic content, including sponsored content, newsletters and social media. This creative and strategic thinker works on the daily production and maintenance of the site and provides technical and customer support to our hundreds of organizational and individual site users.
As a key member of the team, the Editorial Content Specialist works closely with both the Director and the other Editorial Content Specialist to engage professional staff and lay people at CJP and area organizations to strengthen relationships, develop content and promote new activities supporting our goals of community engagement. Come be part of the hub of Jewish life in Boston!
- Social media marketing and advertising: Share in the management and growth of JewishBoston’s presence on social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Measurement: Utilize tools and methodologies, including Google Analytics, to provide analysis on the performance of JewishBoston.com and its social media channels while continually finding ways to improve key metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Sponsored content: Manage JewishBoston’s soon-to-be launched integrated promotions program, a new opportunity for community organizations and local businesses to promote relevant events and content to a broad audience through banners, newsletters and sponsored events and posts. Report on sponsored content and determine best practices.
- Customer relations and support: Answer technical support and general questions (via phone, email and social media) from organizations and other site users, and manage any online feedback forums, including user surveys and focus groups.
- Organization brand management: Cultivate and help the 500-plus community organizations with microsites on JewishBoston optimize their use of the site to better promote their programs and events, and communicating directly with site admins to correct and improve posted content.
- Editorial assistance: Assist the Director in editing original content, including posts from JewishBoston’s reporters and freelance writers, as well as posts from organizations and other site users. Also regularly review all site content, including events and posts, to ensure they meet community guidelines and editorial standards.
- Teamwork: In addition to being a member of the JewishBoston team, the Editorial Content Specialist is a member of both CJP’s marketing and planning departments, with a unique focus on Jewish learning and engagement, addressing issues of welcoming, inclusion, access and outreach to newcomers and those not deeply involved in the Jewish community. CJP is a collaborative environment, and interdepartmental work is common.
- BA in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications or another related area of study
- 1-3 years related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Editorial or journalism experience
- Excellent social media knowledge; ability to develop and apply social media strategies
- Ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays, values and religious practices
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to think strategically, prioritize tasks, balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to build relationships through multiple methods (in-person, online, phone, etc.)
- Creativity, resourcefulness and capacity for innovation
- High level of energy and flexibility
- Desire and willingness to learn and grow
- Understanding of the Boston Jewish community preferred
- Availability for occasional evening meetings
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.