Join the Congregation Dorshei Tzedek community on the last night of Chanukah! It will be a beautiful evening of candles and singing, creative activities and dreidel games, latke dinner and an a cappella performance from Honorable Menschen. Bring your Chanukah menorah and your friends!
Here’s the outline of activities:
4:30-5 p.m. Candle-lighting and singing
5-6 p.m. Chanukah activities
- Tot room—A space for parents and little ones to do Chanukah crafts and games.
- Crafts—Need to make a last-minute Chanukah gift? At this workshop we will be wet-felting to create unique pieces of wool art. Learn to make those fibers stick together like Maccabee soldiers (or something!). This is definitely a hands-on, wet and forgiving kind of art project. No previous skills required.
- Cooking—Help make applesauce and donuts to accompany our latke dinner.
- A cappella workshop with Honorable Menschen—Learn parts for a few Chanukah songs to sing with the group during their dinner-time performance.
- Chanukah Torah study with Rabbi Toba.
- Hanging out with the Chanukah candles and chatting with your friends—always a good option. Check out the Children’s Education Committee table while you’re at it.
6 p.m. Latke dinner, plus dreidel games. Latkes are provided by an incredible team of CDT cooks; please bring a vegetarian side dish or salad as a potluck contribution.
6:30 p.m. Honorable Menschen performance+ More... - Less...
1326 Washington St
Newton, MA 02465
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.