Job Title: SPECIALIST II/CASE MANAGER – FAMILY ASSISTANCE NETWORK – (FAN)
Work Schedule: 40-hour full-time position
Position Description: Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts, based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
The Family Assistance Network (part of the overall Combined Jewish Philanthropies Jewish Anti-Poverty Program) serves as the primary safety net for at-risk members of the Jewish community in the Boston Metrowest area. The JFS Family Assistance Network’s mission is to assist low-income individuals and families in obtaining resources to meet their basic needs while moving them towards financial stability. Clients will include elders, families with children, people with physical and psycho-social disabilities, those experiencing changing life circumstances such as unemployment and people on fixed income. The Specialist II/Case Manager will establish a supportive relationship with clients while providing intake, assessment, follow-up, referrals and ongoing case management.
On an ongoing basis, the Specialist II/Case Manager will have the following duties:
- Provide emergency assistance based on assessed basic needs.
- Maximize access to services offered by local and state agencies such as housing, food security, heat and utility assistance. Housing experience a plus.
- Intake and assessment of client need and eligibility.
- Complete a Client Assessment Indicator to determine level of vulnerability and prioritize actions needed to move towards stabilization.
- Partner with each client to develop an Action Plan based upon Assessment Indicators and follow up with each client to ensure that appropriate steps have been taken and connections to resources have been made. Make home visits to facilitate client assessments and service delivery.
- Track and complete all performance measures as required to accurately measure programmatic outputs and outcomes.
- Maintain the database of all client activities.
- MSW or advanced degree in Human Services or a BA and a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing direct services.
- Ability to interact with clients in a non-judgmental, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to set limits and maintain boundaries.
- Strong ability to be part of an interactive, supportive team with high expectations.
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to multi-task, operate independently and problem solve in real time.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in real-time electronic record keeping skills. (Salesforce Platform experience a plus.)
Specialist II Required Competencies: A JFS Specialist II is a professional who executes one or several crucial direct or indirect professional client service, program operational and/or administrative/ancillary support functions.
Strong Relational and Work Self-Management Skills:
- Brings a positive attitude to the position
- Is inquisitive
- Is trustworthy and respectful to JFS clients, staff, volunteers and community partners
- Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as in partnership
- Has ability/willingness to take direction/supervision and follow instructions
- Makes decisions thoughtfully, responsibly and with care
- Is highly motivated
- Performs tasks and duties efficiently and effectively
- Meets established performance standards
- Possesses ability to remain task focused
- Possesses ability to manage occupational stress
- Is accountable and able to work within deadlines
- Fosters relationships, trust and respect with JFS clients and across team, volunteer and community partnerships
- Demonstrates willingness to take on new challenges
- Demonstrates organized thinking
- Demonstrates initiative
- Understands that programs are built upon work plans/performance metrics
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence
- Possesses ability to remain focused while multi-tasking
- Demonstrates commitment to quality work performance
Content/Context Specific Competencies:
- Knowledge, understanding of and commitment to JFS mission and theories of change
- Knowledge an expertise in service area
- Knowledge and expertise (ability/willingness to learn) in relevant technology/data management platforms and systems
- Knowledge and understanding of and adherence to JFS policy and procedures
Agency Information: JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts, based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $3.5 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic—with Purpose–and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
Application: JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latino/Latina and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to CEO Lino Covarrubias at Lino@JFSMW.org.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here. MORE