The Sababa Society Fellowship is a 10-month long leadership program that will introduce students to the Jewish National Fund and partner organizations, learn how to incorporate community service into their lives and will culminate with traveling to Israel at the end of the year. This year’s fellows will support Halutza, a community founded in the remote corner of the desert during Israel’s disengagement from Gaza. The area, never before inhabited or farmed, was chosen because the founders saw the development of the Negev as Israel’s next national mission. Today, the rapidly expanding region, which contained nothing but sand dunes a short time ago, attracts new residents from throughout Israel and boasts beautiful homes, successful organic farms and numerous public buildings, schools and community facilities. It’s an amazing place!
Sababa Fellows will:
- Build real-world practical knowledge
- Learn about philanthropy and fundraising
- Gain leadership and communication skills
- Experience a life-changing trip to Israel with other Jewish teens
- Make friendships that will last a lifetime
- Go to Israel with Roots Israel, a three-week service trip from June 29 to July 20, 2020
- Attend the Fellowship kick-off at JNF National Conference in Washington, D.C., Sept. 13-15, 2019 (at no cost to the student)
- Raise $360 from a minimum of 20 donors
- Full participation in a five-webinar series presented by JNF professionals and lay leaders
- Attend the Roots Israel three-week trip in the summer of 2020 at no cost to the student (June 29 to July 20, 2020)
- Identify future Sababa Society Fellows
All expenses will be covered by the Fellowship.
Applications are being accepted now! Don’t wait and miss your chance to be part of this exciting new Fellowship. For more information, please call Dana Gerbie Klein at 617-438-8775 or click here to apply.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here. MORE