As we navigate a world with rising white nationalism, antisemitism, and threats to democracy, it can be difficult to distinguish real threats from fear tactics. This course is to help discern our path for building Jewish safety and a vision for a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural world, as well as being able to identify what impedes and divides us, both currently and historically.
Over six sessions, a range of outstanding speakers and facilitators will teach the history of antisemitism and its connections to other forms of oppression, as well as how we can take action to fight antisemitism rooted in our progressive values.
- 4/20: “From Anti-Judaism and Anti-Semitism: Is There a Difference?” with Dr. Shaul Magid
- 4/27: “Antisemitism and Christian White Nationalism” with Ben Lorber of Political Research Associates
- 5/4: “A Black Jewish Perspective on Fighting Racism and Antisemitism” with Rebecca Pierce
- 5/11: “How Has Antisemitism Divided Our Movements for Justice in the U.S.?” led by Sophie Ellman-Golan
- 5/18: “Antisemitism and Israel/Palestine” led by Emma Saltzberg from Diaspora Alliance
- 5/25: Facilitated reflection + integration
Each class will also include a 15-minute schmooze period at 6:45 before the class begins.+ More... - Less...
* Registration closes on April 20th
6 Webster St
Brookline, MA 02446
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE