Join with thousands of art lovers and advocates across the state on Friday, October 27, in celebration of art on the fourth annual MASSCreative #ArtsMattersDay. A diverse array of artists will explore Jewish journeys through the arts at local synagogues and organizations, a theme most fitting for the week’s Torah portion, Lech l’Cha, which describes the start of Abraham’s spiritual journey.
Join any of the participating groups to help rally the community around the arts! These events are open to all. Registration fee only required for dinners. Default event times are for Friday, unless otherwise indicated.
Events planned around town so far, with more to come:
- Temple Israel of Boston, 6:30 p.m.: A Studio Shabbat: Art and Prayer
- Nehar Shalom and JP Kavod House, Saturday evening: Illustrated Pirkei Avot, with artist Jessica Tamar Deutsch
- Congregation Ohabei Shalom, 7 p.m.: Kabbalat Shabbat Reggae Style
- Temple Sinai, 7 p.m.: Author Anita Diamant
- Temple Aliyah, 6:30 p.m.
- Temple Beth Avodah, 6:30 p.m.: Kulanu: An Art Shabbat for Families, with Cantor Susan Bemel Glickman and Ian Simpson (suggested for families with children, second-graders and older)
- Temple Beth El, 7 p.m.: Lenny, Steve, and Salamoni: My Jewish Journey, featuring Jim Ball
- Shirat Hayam, 6 p.m.: Kabbalat Shabbat, with Neshama Carlebach
- Congregation Or Atid, 7 p.m.: My Jewish Journey, with Anthony Michael Russell, Yiddish singer and social activist
- Temple Beth Elohim, 6 p.m.: Israeli Poetry: The Dream, The Hope, The Reality, with Rachel Korazim, Israeli educator
OneTable Shabbat Dinners
- JArts Food Think Tank Pop-Up Shabbat at Mei Mei, Brighton
- Moishe Kavod House, Cambridge
Until Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 9:00 pm