Ancient tales tell of maidens dressed in white dancing in the fields on the full moon of the month of Av, ready to meet their beloved. By some accounts, it is a day as important as Yom Kippur! Join rabbis, kohenot and educators from the Asiyah Jewish Community, Living Tree Alliance and Organic Torah as we breathe new life into this tradition.
You are warmly invited to join us for a camp-out Shabbat retreat for the weekend of Aug. 16 at Living Tree Alliance in Vermont. Together we will build a temporary village while deepening our respective community bonds, engaging in homesteading practices on a working farm, exploring the ancient wisdom traditions of Jewish life and immersing in nature with river swims and forest walks. We especially encourage younger adults to join us for this unique experience in the woods. Singles or families, all are welcome!
- Make our own challah and grape juice
- Harvest flowers and food, preparing a farm-raised Shabbat meal together in the hearth
- Engage in restorative Shabbat ritual, including meditation, body-centered practice, walks in nature, song and learning
- Draw Shabbat to a close with a Havdalah ecstatic dance party in the barn
- Make new friends and nurture connections while sitting around the campfire and engaging in community-building activities
- Learn new skills, enjoy the natural world and go home inspired!
* Registration closes on August 2nd
110 Living Tree Lane
Moretown, VT 05660
$100.00 Child 4-12
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.