Welcome to our new pilot! This program has been brought to you by Jookender’s collaboration with the University of Maryland (College Park, Eastern Shore), Delaware State University, the University of Pennsylvania and Virginia State University. This is a first, one-of-a-kind experience, and not to miss!
Open for all rising high school students in grades 9-12, as well as pre-college gap-year takers. Students who are interested in technology, chemistry, physics, biology and agriculture or natural sciences are welcome to join the program. No experience is necessary, although knowing some theoretical principles of biology and chemistry ahead of time would be helpful once you get to work at the lab.
During this program, students will:
- Participate in the ongoing Navy/Department of Defense/USDA natural science research at the lab provided by the University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES or DSU)
- Get working experience in building simple laser stations for a newly created physics lab at the university
- Learn to work in teams and individually
- Plan and prioritize their work during the day
- Work with college students, mentors and college professors
- Visit a few universities and learn what it takes to become a student there
- Visit U.S. government and federal facilities and learn about various jobs in that sector
- Collect and analyze the data received from farms
- Work on presenting and writing skills
- Earn up to 60 community hours working at the lab or collecting and analyzing data from the farms
- Receive a university certificate of completion of the program
- And much, much more!
Until Saturday, July 22, 2023 at 8:00 pm
* Registration closes on May 3rd at 11:20 pm
$2,500.00 Start from MD or DE
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE