Temple Emanuel of the Merrimack Valley invites everyone to our High Holy Day Services this September (Tishrei 5779). No tickets or reservations are required; just come to celebrate and pray with us. Interfaith families welcome!
The service will be led by Rabbi Robin S. Sparr and guest Rabbi Stephanie Wolfe.
- 8 p.m.: Erev Rosh Hashanah services
- 10 a.m.: Rosh Hashanah morning service and Torah reading. Sermon: Rabbi Robin Sparr. Concurrent children’s activities and babysitting.
- 12:15 p.m.: Kiddush luncheon
- 2 p.m.: Family service of less than one hour for families of all ages and all definitions will include highlights of the Rosh Hashanah liturgy, shofar blowing, Torah/story and apples and honey.
- 3 p.m.: Tashlich. Following Kiddush and the family service, we will perform the traditional ritual of tashlich, casting away our sins, beside the Merrimack River. Just a gentle reminder: bread is not good for waterfowl; instead of crumbs, we will bring oats to cast. If you’d care to bring your own, recommended are cracked corn or barley, frozen (but defrosted) peas or duck feed pellets. Tashlich will take place on the Esplanade at the UMass Lowell Boathouse (500 Pawtucket Blvd). Cross the Rourke Bridge; 0.4 miles on the right. Click for directions.
- 6 a.m.: Sunrise service on Plum Island. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
Monday, September 10, 2018, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Monday, September 10, 2018, 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm
Monday, September 10, 2018, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Monday, September 10, 2018, 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 6:00 am - 6:40 am
101 W Forest St
Lowell, MA 01851
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.