For two hours the Jewish world will come together to experience what we have in common while sharing the unique manifestations.
Dancers, singers, communal and global leaders, chefs, and more will provide a virtual taste of the celebration of Jewish diversity. This year, Unity Through Diversity is shining a spotlight on the binding force of Shabbat. Whether it’s chulent, hamin, kubbanneh, oriza, salmorejo, hraimeh, or any other festive meal you make, Shabbat holds a special place in the Jewish world. To date, 23 organizations have come together to partner in unity.
The first hour will focus on Jewish American heritage. Out of a virtual studio, presenters from across the United States will share the unique nature of the American Jewish mosaic. People around the world will be watching from their homes and small group watch parties. The first hour will include, among others:
- William Daroff, CEO, Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- Malcolm Hoenlein, Executive Vice Chairman, Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- Rabbi Marc Angel, Rabbi Emeritus, Congregation Shearith Israel; Founder & Director, Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals
- Jackie Barzvi, Founder, Mizrahi Dance Archives
- Sephardi House Fellows, American Sephardi Federation
- Jewish Language Project, Hebrew Union College
- OneTable, Shabbat Together
- Rabbi Yosef Zarnighian, Rabbi, Mikveh Israel, Philadelphia
- Yinam Cohen, Counsel General of Israel in Chicago
- Professor Ronnie Perelis, Yeshiva University
- Rabbi Moshe Tessone, Yeshiva University
- Sephardic American Mizrachi initiative (SAMi)
The second global hour will include, among others:
- Amichai Chikli, Minister of Diaspora Affairs and Social Equality, Israel
- Yaakov Hagoel, Chairperson of the World Zionist Organization
- Dr. Hélène Jawhara Piñer, Chef and Scholar, France
- Hazzan Daniel Benlolo, Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue of Montreal
- Rabbanit Oshra Koren, Founder, Matan HaSharon, Israel
- Osnat Sharabi Braidman, Choreographer, Israel
- Levana Zamir, Chairwoman, International Organization of Egyptian Jews in Israel
- Matti Seri, Actor, Presenter, Singer, and Author, Israel
It is a declaration to future generations that together we are stronger by embracing our unique colors.
This May 21, create a watch party, partner with us, or take it all in from home and share in this rich program of Jewish Unity Through Diversity.
This program is organized by ASF Institute of Jewish Experience. An official program of Jewish American Heritage Month (JAHM).+ More... - Less...
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE