“Theatre as a form of resistance to oppression and genocide.”
Joshua Sobol is a playwright, director and author who has written over 75 plays. He has directed productions in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Israel and the United States, and his most famous play, “Ghetto,” has been performed in 24 countries.
Sobol and his works have garnered many awards, including:
- The Evening Standard Award, Best Play of the Year
- The Critics’ Circle London Theatre Awards, Best New Play
- Laurence Olivier Award Nomination, Best Play
- Mainichi Art Prize, Best Play of the Year
- Yumiuri Shimbun Grand Prize, Best Play of the Year
- David’s Harp Award, Israel’s Best Play of the Year (five-time winner)
- Israeli Theatre Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Golden Medal of the City of Vienna for Excellent Achievement
This event is in collaboration with Israeli Stage, whose mission is to share the diversity and vitality of Israeli culture through theater, and build cultural bridges through theater and dialogue.+ More... - Less...