LimmudBoston 2014, the annual, all-day, volunteer-driven celebration of Jewish culture, will take place on Sunday, December 7, with more than 75 sessions, panels and performances for everyone—beginner to scholar, young to young-at-heart. LimmudBoston speakers will be at area congregations on December 5 & 6 for “Shabbat: the REST of Limmud.” Limmud means “study” in Hebrew. This year’s conference will take place at Congregation Mishkan Tefila, 300 Hammond Pond Parkway in Chestnut Hill, MA. There will be a free shuttle all day from the Chestnut Hill T stop.
The following collaborations are an integral part of this year’s LimmudBoston conference:
• Rick Jacobs, President of the URJ (Reform Movement), is making a weekend of it. He will offer a text study session and is participating in a moderated discussion on ideal Jewish communities with Barry Shrage, President of Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP).
• The 20s30s group has planned sessions as “Limmud-within-Limmud”
• Well-known storytellers, Peninnah Schram and Danny Siegel, will inspire audiences for The Jewish Storytelling Coalition (JSC), which is offering both a Havdalah storytelling event on Saturday, December 6th at Mishkan Tefila, as well as a special two-hour storytelling extravaganza during Sunday’s conference.
• The mid-day concert will include musician, Sue Horowitz, along with sign language interpreter, EJ Cohen.
• The Camp Limmud program for ages 3-13 will be coordinated by Kesher, the Jewish after-school program.
• A brand new ambulance, donated by a local family for Magen David Adom (Israel’s emergency health service) will be parked in front of the building all day. After the conference, it will be driven to a port in Baltimore and shipped to Israel. Camp Limmud children will have the opportunity to explore this Magen David Adom ambulance.
• Jewish Spiritual Education (JSE) a program of Reclaiming Judaism, is offering Maggid Educator Ordination, a 3-year process. Those who wish to enroll should contact Rabbi Goldie Milgram, firstname.lastname@example.org
• The presence of 300 Boston area religious school educators is underwritten by CJP, Combined Jewish Philanthropies.
Limmud Boston is for all ages, preregistration is only $36, with special rates for 20s30s and families with Camp Limmud Children (pre-registration required for Camp Limmud). Day of registration is $54. Other details: www.LimmudBoston.org
* Registration closes on December 7th
300 Hammond Pond Pkwy
Newton, MA 02467
$18.00 Young Adult 20s30s
$25.00 Camp Limmud (3-13)-pre-registration required
$54.00 Day of, At the Door