Join us for the journey of a lifetime in the Baltics on Inside Jewish Finland & Estonia! Together with like-minded young professionals, discover the beauty of these countries who have risen from the ashes into vibrant and sustainable communities. Jewish life has staged a remarkable recovery in recent decades—we’ll witness this through impactful community visits, vibrant architecture and breathtaking historical sights.
- Learn about the triumphs and tribulations of the Jewish communities of Finland and Estonia, and witness the dynamic reemergence of Jewish life after being nearly extinguished during the Holocaust and Soviet eras.
- Take in the breathtaking architecture of Tallinn, Estonia and revel in its medieval stone walls, bell towers and cobblestone streets.
- Learn about JDC’s work with Jewish communities in Northern Europe and the ways they continue to partner and support these communities.
- Explore the historical centers of Helsinki — feel the sea breeze while walking along the colorful Market Square and marvel at the sea fortress, Suomenlinna, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Take an active part in community life and get involved in local programming with young adults, elderly and children.
- Learn about the fascinating history of Jewish soldiers in the Finnish Army during WWII and Estonia’s Jewish rebirth after WWII and the Soviet era.
Until Monday, June 12, 2023 at 8:00 pm
* Registration closes on January 4th at 11:55 pm
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE