Welcome to MetroWest’s 2022 MLK Day of Service, hosted by J-LOFT and Volunteer Ventures!
We have adapted the format of the event from in-person to kit-based: teens and families are invited to pick up pre-assembled kits of lasagna, banana bread, soup jars or desks, make them at home and drop them off later in the day.
Don’t need a kit? You can use your own ingredients, download a digital recipe card and just drop it off when it’s ready!
The event will still offer a variety of activities for teens, parents and younger siblings. Everyone residing in the MetroWest area (and beyond) is invited to volunteer, regardless of temple or group affiliation.
In the registration form, please let us know which of the following kits you would like to pick up:
- Banana bread (3 per kit): Simple, easy and fun recipe! All ingredients as well as baking trays provided, except oil (½ cup per bread).
- Lasagna (2 per kit): A bit more challenging, yet just as fun a recipe to make! All ingredients as well as baking trays provided, except eggs (1 cup per lasagna).
- Soup jars (10 per kit): Fun, very easy and suitable for younger kids. All ingredients and jars provided.
- Desk (1 per kit): Great for parent-youth teams! Desks will be made from a pre-cut prepared kit and will then be donated to families from the Harmony Grove School in Framingham. Basic tool use (drills and sanders) experience recommended. We have a limited number of desk kits on first-come, first-serve basis. Power tools available to borrow as well.
Please submit one form per family and include all family members who plan on participating. You may add all family members by clicking the “add more” button under “Volunteers,” as well as add multiple email addresses if you wish.
With any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO EVERYONE!
Hosted by J-LOFT and Volunteer Ventures. Powered by support from Jewish Teen Initiative at CJP.+ More... - Less...
* Registration closes on January 15th
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE