Volunteers needed! Make a difference in the lives of older adults in your community. Volunteer in your free time and help frail older adults get the medical care and information they need to manage their heath, improve their quality of life and live independently in the community.
When you volunteer as a JFS Patient Navigator, you:
- Receive comprehensive, ongoing training and support
- Gain experience navigating health care systems and working with older adults
- Select appointments that fit your schedule
- Get a Patient Navigator padfolio to organize communications
- Join a team of highly trained volunteers who make a direct and positive impact in the lives of people every day
Learn how to:
- Help older adults prepare for upcoming medical appointments, review concerns and frame questions
- Serve as a companion to medical appointments and procedures
- Facilitate communication between doctor and patient
- Take notes during the visit
- Assist in scheduling follow-up care and picking up prescriptions
The older adults you will be helping:
- Are aged 60 to 100+ years old
- Live in Framingham, Natick and surrounding communities
- Can enter and exit a car independently
- Download the flier
- Fill out the form to volunteer with the JFS Patient Navigator program
- Watch a video: Volunteers have collective impact at JFS of Metrowest
- Sign up to help LGBTQ older adults access health care in the Metrowest area
Lunch and materials will be provided at the training.
For questions and to register, call 508-875-3100 ext. 110 or email email@example.com today!+ More... - Less...
475 Franklin St
Framingham, MA 01702
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.