Read our interview with her here.
Pumpkin Spice Hummus
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained or equivalent cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ⅛ cup lemon juice or juice from half a large lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1–2 tablespoons water
- Using a food processor, blend all ingredients until the desired consistency is reached and hummus is well-combined. Add more water to make hummus less thick or more salt to taste, if desired.
- Tip: This hummus looks lovely with a little sprinkle of cinnamon on top and a few pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds) on top as a garnish!
Check out Gill’s recipe for hummus-stuffed baked shell pasta.