Registration is open for….
Journey Through the Bible: The Next Best Thing to Time Travel
You may have a copy of the Bible on your bookshelf, but do you know what this important book says? Join others on a captivating journey through the Hebrew Bible, a complex compilation of fascinating material that reflects ancient beliefs, desires, and norms.
You will be part of an online community of approximately 25 participants who will explore:
- The Hebrew Bible in its earliest contexts
- How the Bible became the Bible
- Biblical Law-what is it?
- The influence of the narrative structure on meaning for the Bible
- The diverse character of God in the Bible
- The difference between what the Bible says and what it means
- Exploring how we might use the Bible for understanding the development of Jewish ideas and practices
· Class lectures are led by renowned Bible scholar Marc Brettler, a master educator and teacher who has designed fascinating lectures, created a library of recommended readings, and created thought-provoking questions to ponder throughout the class. Stimulating online discussions on our learning management system platform will enrich your experience.
· This asynchronous class allows you to learn at your own pace, and at a convenient time and place. Our distance-learning platform will enable you to access lectures- approximately 1 hour per session, divided into 5 to 10-minute segments-via your tablet or laptop.
· This single-term class is offered by Me’ah (Hebrew for 100), a journey through the narrative of the Jewish people, a program that has educated thousands of adult learners throughout the Boston area and beyond. We invite you to join our learning community!
For more information contact Sara Brown: email@example.com or 617-559-8708+ More... - Less...