Celebrate the agricultural roots of Sukkot…on the farm! This is a community celebration of the harvest open to all ages and denominations. Come meet new friends and old for a morning of activities and learning opportunities on the farm. Bring your own mug, water bottle, blanket and picnic lunch to enjoy on the farm. (The farm stand will be open for purchases, but does not sell meals.)
Gather for opening circle and shofar-blowing
All Day Happenings:
- Building and decorating a Sukkah with BJG, JCC Greater Boston and Temple B’nai Brith
- Learning about honey bees with Mel Gadd
- Face painting with Temple B’nai Brith
- Ushpizin (Sukkot guests) puppet making with Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston
- Create your own multi-sensory prayer for rain with Metrowest Jewish Day School
- Recycled crafting with Camp Zeke
- Set up & Enjoy your picnic spot
- Sukkah Building competition with Jewish Learning Collaborative of Metrowest
- The Four Species through Five Senses: Rethinking the Lulav and Etrog with Kesher
- Walk with Farmer Pete of Codman Community Farms and learn a bit about animal husbandry on the farm
- The Best Sukkot Pumpkin Ever book reading with local children’s book author Laya Steinberg
- Families are invited to join Rav Tiferet Berenbaum and practice harvesting joy (Zman Simchateinu) through text, song and art.
- An embodied Hoshana Rabbah practice with Rabbi David Curiel and Rabbi Louis Polisson to breathe new life into an ancient ritual (regarding how much rain will fall in the coming year) through movement, song and chant (bring a lulav!)
Closing celebration and parade
Bring your musical instruments and weather-appropriate clothing.
Rain or shine!
If you are able to volunteer to help out, it’s a great opportunity to 1) get an early morning workout 2) gain a higher standing in the world to come 3) qualify community service hours 4) gain free event admission. Please fill out this form and we’ll get back to you shortly.+ More... - Less...
58 Codman Rd
Lincoln, MA 01773
$7.00 Child (suggested donation, with $30 family max)
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE