Please join us for some or all of our Yom Kippur programming.
It is traditional to dress entirely in white during Yom Kippur and to refrain from wearing leather, especially leather shoes. We invite you to join us in honoring one or both of these traditions.
9:30 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.: Yom Kippur Morning Service
- The morning service includes Yizkor, a time for remembering loved ones who have died, following the reading of the Torah, at approximately noon.
- The Musaf service at 1:15 p.m. includes the beautiful liturgy unique to the High Holy Days.
- Children’s services start at 10 a.m., and childcare ends after Shacharit, at 1:15 p.m.
Make Your Fast Easier—Don’t Go Home!
You can spend the day with us in reflection, learning and enjoying the outdoors. Gann Academy is near Waltham/Belmont conservation land, with walking and bike trails. Enjoy a walk around this beautiful neighborhood.
3:30 p.m.: Reflection with Rabbi Shahar Colt
- Director of Congregational Learning Rabbi Shahar Colt will facilitate a reflection, inspired by the traditional Avodah service, on how we “do” Yom Kippur and what it “does” for us.
4:20 p.m.: Qigong with Peter Wayne
- Qigong (Chi Kung) is an ancient Chinese practice that employs slow intentional movements, coordinated with breathing and imagery, to strengthen and relax the physical body and mind. Come join Peter Wayne of the Tree of Life Tai Chi Center for this wonderful opportunity to rest your mind and energize your body in the waning hours of Yom Kippur. No previous experience is necessary!
5 p.m.: Mincha
- Childcare also resumes.
5:45 p.m.: “Eleh Ezkereh” Remembrance
- Our afternoon memorial service, Eleh Ezkereh, during which time we will be remembering Mara Gibbs z”l.
6:30 p.m.: Ne’ilah
- Ne’ilah, the dramatic finale to the day, culminating with Havdalah and a communal shofar-blowing (bring your own shofar!).
7:15 p.m.: Havdalah & Break-Fast
- A light break-fast will be served following services.
333 Forest St
Waltham, MA 02452
$295.00 Sliding scale
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE