Join us for Mayyim Hayyim’s five-session seminar for engaged and recently married couples that will provide tools to solidify a strong partnership and explore different ways of creating a Jewish home. Taught by Miriam-Simma Walfish. LGBTQ+ and interfaith couples welcome.
- How will our lives change once we are married?
- How do we identify our identity as a Jewish family?
Decision-Making and Financial Management
- How do we negotiate important decisions for our family honestly and respectfully?
- How will we manage our money?
- How can tzedakah, giving to others, play a role in our lives?
- How does Judaism sanctify marriage?
- How can Jewish rituals help mark important transitions, such as deciding when and how to begin a family?
- How might we relate to the ritual of mikveh within our marriage, on our own terms?
- What does Judaism teach about sex in marriage?
- How do we build and maintain a healthy sex life?
Building a Jewish Family
- What does “a Jewish family” mean to us?
- How will our marriage change if we choose to have children?
Niddah: Exploring the Boundaries of Intimacy (optional)
Optional sixth session for couples interested in learning about ancient and contemporary perspectives on niddah, the practice of abstaining from intimacy around the time of the menstrual cycle. This discussion-based and participant-driven session will explore central texts while sharing contemporary niddah experiences.
This program occurs on the following dates: Jan. 31, Feb. 7, 14, 21, 28, and March 7.+ More... - Less...
1838 Washington St
Newton, MA 02466
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.