We will gather in the final hours of Tisha B’Av for a vigil led by Black Jews as we cry out in grief, mourning and outrage against the violence of anti-Black racism and white supremacy in our world and in our communities.
On this day of collective weeping for us as a Jewish community, we will lament together the chorban (destruction) of Black lives through police murder, systemic racism and anti-Blackness. We will read selections from the book of Eicha (Lamentations), share prayer and lament, and listen to the voices of Black Jewish leaders and their accomplices in our fight for racial justice within and beyond our multiracial Jewish communities.
Everyone is welcome. Free street parking is available on Amory Street.
COVID-19 health and safety precautions for our gathering:
- Please remain socially distant (6-10 feet) from others who are not in your household/pod.
- Please wear a face mask for the duration of the gathering.
- There will be no communal singing. There may be singing from the speakers, who would remain socially distant from one another.
- Limited seating will be available for anyone who needs. We will not be marching/collectively moving during the gathering.
- Street medics will be available with first aid supplies, face masks, hand sanitizer and water to support anyone experiencing dehydration, fatigue, etc.
- Anyone who has any COVID-19 symptoms, has tested positive or has had exposure to anyone who has tested positive in the last two weeks is asked to remain at home and join us via Facebook Live.
Please be in touch with Ida at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or accessibility needs.
This event is hosted by Kavod Boston in collaboration with: Nehar Shalom, Riverway Project, Temple Beth Zion, Temple Israel, Boston Workers Circle, Mishkan Tefila, Asiyah, B’nai Brith, Temple Hillel B’nai Torah, Dorshei Tzedek, IOWA Project, Congregation Beth Elohim, Jews of Color of Greater Boston and The Kavod Jews of Color, Indigenous, Sephardi and Mizrahi Caucus.+ More... - Less...
45 Amory St
Brookline, MA 02446
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE