Open to all engaged or newly married couples who are interfaith, “Our Year of Firsts” offers you the opportunity to explore the deeper meaning behind Jewish holidays, create new traditions together and meet other interfaith couples.
How it works:
- You’ll receive monthly emails about how to incorporate Jewish holidays and religious/cultural elements into your interfaith relationship
- There will be quarterly virtual discussions with other participants
- You’ll receive three special gifts in the mail related to our discussion topic
As a participating couple, you will:
- Deepen your relationship with your partner and celebrate an exciting year together
- Discuss how you might want to celebrate your different backgrounds and traditions on your own and with your extended families
- Explore what it means to create a home for you and your partner
- Get curated content on a monthly topic delivered straight to your inbox from 18Doors, including essays by other couples, recipes, cheat sheets and conversation starters to discuss with your partner
- Participate in quarterly virtual discussions with other couples to share your own questions and hear how others are navigating the beginning of married life
- Be empowered to talk about spirituality/traditions/religion with your partner
- Access support from an experienced rabbi, 18Doors’ very own Rabbi Robyn Frisch
The topic for our first virtual discussion will be “Rosh Hashanah: The Jewish New Year and New Beginnings.”+ More... - Less...
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE