We’d make a meat pun, but we’d probably butcher it.
Join Trybal Gatherings for a deli-cious happy hour where we’ll pair Jewish nosh with Jewish beer.
We’ll begin by learning the culinary art and history of the pastrami sandwich, led by Rachel Miller Munzer, co-owner of Mamaleh’s, who is at the helm of reimagining the Jewish deli culture in Boston.
We’ll then pair our pastrami sandwiches with a limited-edition Pastrami Pilsner. Shmaltz’s founder, Jeremy Cowan, will lead us in a tasting and pairing of this unique seasonal beer, which is brewed with cracked black pepper, mustard seed, ground caraway seed, natural horseradish flavors, kosher salt and spices. Famous for their He’brew beer, we’ll l’chaim with Jeremy and learn how a joke with friends 21 years ago about launching a Jewish brewery turned into an award-winning brand. Jeremy will also offer tastings of four other signature Shmaltz beers!
NOTE: Prices increase with time! Register soon!
- Pastrami sandwiches from Mamaleh’s Delicatessen (plus veggie options)
- Pastrami Pilsner beer (plus four other seasonal beers!) from Shmaltz Brewing
- Snacks from The Matzo Project
- Sweet beer glasses and swag bags to take home
- Awesome surprises from ModernTribe
- Refreshing booze infusions workshop from ParTea
- Raffle ticket for a free trip to Trybal Gatherings’ camp weekend in the Berkshires
- Kombucha on tap from WeWork
This event is made possible by a CJP Young Adult Innovation Grant.+ More... - Less...
* Registration closes on August 2nd at 12:00 pm
31 St James Ave
Boston, MA 02116
$25.00 Last-minute ticket