The course covers the history of Zionism and Israel from the emergence of modern Zionism in 1881 through the collapse of the peace process.
- The biblical vision and connection to the Land of Israel
- Competing visions of the founders of Zionism
- The period of the British Mandate
- Conflicting promises made to the Jews and Arabs
- Stages of Jewish immigration
- The creation of the State of Israel
- The War of Independence
- The Six-Day War
- The Yom Kippur War
- The role of the United Nations
- Palestinian refugees
- Jewish settlements in the West Bank (Judea and Samaria)
- Arab-Israeli peace process and recent proposals.
Class meets Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., for 10 sessions beginning October 11, 2017 through December 20, 2017.
For more information and to register, click “Go” or contact Sara Riedner Brown, Associate Director, Me’ah at 617-559-8708 or email@example.com.+ More... - Less...