We continue our fall semester exploration of the Yiddish “Fiddler of the Roof,” inspired by the recent successful off-Broadway production. The fall class is not a prerequisite for this one, which will focus on production elements from the performer’s viewpoint.
What would it be like to be in the Yiddish “Fiddler”?
- You will learn the music, lyrics, acting skills and backstage theater craft that go into creating a performance of “Fiddler.”
- We will explore the history of the Yiddish language and Jewish music of Eastern Europe.
- Expert instructors and renowned guest lecturers, including Hankus Netsky and Binyumen Schaechter, will teach us what it takes to put on a production of this inspiring musical.
- As a special L’chaim, we will raise a glass to cast members of the National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene production of “Fiddler on the Roof” as we gather for a final roundtable discussion!
Instructors: Amy Lieberman and Cantor Lynn Torgove+ More... - Less...
* Registration closes on January 31st
Monday, February 8, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, February 22, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, March 1, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, March 8, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, March 15, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, March 22, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, April 12, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, April 19, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, April 26, 2021, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator. MORE